Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blog privacy

I am keeping this blog open and not making it private.  I am doing this in hopes that I will spread a wider net and hopefully raise more money with my fundraiser!  With that being said though, you will notice that I will be sharing no details about my travel dates or times or any details about my trip to Kinshasa.  I do have a private blog which has more of my personal and family information but will not approve anyone that I don't know.  If you are interested in following that, please contact me.  

Congo is a country that unfortunately has a very sad and corrupt history.  With that being said, bribery, even at an orphanage, hospital or airport is common and I wouldn't want to compromise anything!  I hope you understand that my lack of detail isn't because I'm not a cool chick because actually if you knew me you'd probably tell me I say TOO much, but because of my safety and the safety of my travel partners and the children we are helping!

No comments:

Post a Comment